I hope the new school year has begun well for you and that everyone is adjusting comfortably to the new routines in school life.
We now have the first set of lessons of the revised Fully Alive 1 online programme ready for you.
The materials for piloting consist of:
- The designed version of Lessons 1 to 3, which consist of two sets of PowerPoint slides for each lesson: (1) the slides which the teachers will display for the students, and (2) these same slides with wraparound teacher notes, providing teachers with step-by-step instructions for using them.
- A Word version of the teacher notes for Lessons 5 to 8, along with the PowerPoints that accompany these lessons. These materials have not yet been designed.
- Worksheets for all lessons, which may be printed off as required.
- A Glossary of the key terms used in Lessons 1-8.
- A link to the Interactive Bible Library resource, which is referenced in the teacher notes.
- Three separate audio files for items referenced in the lessons (a poem for Lesson 1, a song for Lesson 6, and a story for Lesson 8).
As was said in our recent zoom call, pilot material is never fully designed because of the possibility that significant changes will need to be made following piloting. However, in this case, because teachers have not used an online programme in RE before, we thought it would be important they would see what a finished version of the programme would look like.
Please emphasise to your teachers that their feedback on these lessons is essential and that you will be in touch with them to discuss their use of the lessons and any changes that they think are required.
Finally, please feel free to display this material on your website so that teachers can access it, or to use any other means by which you usually communicate with your teachers.
Best wishes, Maura Hyland
Download from here. It would be prudent to download to your own laptop so as to avoid any C2K issues that might arise. Declan
- Bible Rap
2 Farewell Fearghal
We Learn We Grow
This is a zip file and you will need to download it completely. Follow Susan’s instruction to operate it.
Hope this gets you all started. Blessings from Susan and Declan