Advent Resources 2013 and 2014
What is Advent ?
Lovely slide reflection on Advent ” Waiting for Jesus” (Archdiocese of Dublin)
CHRIST IS COMING
This 5 minute advent meditation focuses on the coming of Christ into our world- not just as a child in a stable but as the bringer of justice and freedom. Music for the meditation features Kyrie – I Call to You from ” Standing Still” by Jeff Johnson (www.arkmusic.com).
Some pastoral resources available for personal and school use this Advent and Christmas:
- The inter-diocesan scripture reflections for the four Sundays of Advent.
- Our own booklet for use by families and primary schools aimed at helping children enter into the meaning and spirit of Advent & Christmas.
- A reflection of slides and a blessing prayer for Advent wreaths.
- A reflection of slides on the meaning of Christmas. It takes time – a reflection on the spirit of Christmas in parts for readers.
- Jesus and Santa – getting the balance right. Litany for the coming of Christ & Mary’s Dream.
We hope you will print these off and make use of them to nourish your prayer and reflections throughout the coming weeks.
Advent 2013 Year A Primary Resource
ADVENT -CHRISTMASTIDE slides
Advent Scripture Reflections 2013 -14 Year A
Advent Wreath slides
Blessing and Prayers for Advent Wreath
IT TAKES TIME Reflection in parts
Jesus and Santa – the right balance
Litany for Christ & Marys Dream
Jesus is Knocking at your Door this Christmas
Feast of the Immaculate Conception of Mary December 8th.
The PRIESTS sing the Ave Maria ( The Hail Mary)
Suitable for GCSE and Senior Rel Education.
Helen Prejéan, is a Roman Catholic sister, a member of the Congregation of St Joesph and a leading American advocate for the abolition of the death penalty.
Her efforts in death row ministry began in New Orleans in 1981. She corresponded with convicted murderer Elmo Patrick Sonnier, in the Louisiana State Penitentiary.
Dead Man Walking, the biographical account of her relationship with Sonnier and other inmates on death row, served as the basis for a feature film, an opera, and a play. In the film, directed by Tim Robbins, she was portrayed by Susan Sarandon, who won an Academy Award.
She spoke to Rojo on Spirit about her experiences
Check this link to Podcast http://podcasts.spiritradio.ie/sisterhelen/
Check out Utube re film “Dead men walking ”