CATHOLIC SCHOOL’S WEEK 2023
Our theme for this year is ‘Catholic Schools: Walking together in Faith and Love’. During this week, we celebrate how Catholic Schools help all our young people to achieve their full potential and journey together with the Lord in faith and in love. We will focus and pray using the story of the Disciples walking together with the Risen Lord on the Emmaus Road.
ARCHDIOCESE OF ARMAGH CELEBRATIONS:
This year we hope to have a downloadable video for class or school in-house celebrations and /or assemblies. In addition, we are planning two Armagh Diocesan Liturgical Celebrations. It will be great for folk to return to gathering as a Diocesan Faith Community.
- Tuesday, January 24th Led by Archbishop Eamon St John The Baptist Church, Drumcree Portadown starting at 11.30 am.
- Seinn will be celebrating on Wednesday, January 25th at The Redeemer Church, Ard Easmuin Dundalk starting at 11.30 am. Archbishop Eamon will speak and participate.
- “A movie entitled The Letter was recently released which focuses on Pope Francis’s encyclical Laudato Si and the impact of climate change and many other environmental issues. The theme of this year’s Catholic Schools Week is “Walking together in faith and love”. The Armagh diocesan Youth Commission is hosting showings of The Letter to highlight the need to walk together with all of creation in Faith and Love.
- Barbican Centre Drogheda – One Showing which will take place on Wednesday 1st February 2023. 10am – 1pm
- Market Place Theatre, Studio – Two Showings on 23rd January 2023 1oam and 2pm A further showing will take place in the Market place Theatre on the evening of the 23rd at 7pm for young adults. This showing will be available for booking with the Market Place Theatre”
Reflecting on the theme, and on the process of synodality, the writers for Catholic Schools Week 2023 identified three features of synodality helpful to exploring ‘Walking Together in Faith & Love’:
The resources will reflect on these features within the overarching theme and will make use of scriptural reflection on journey, prayer, student voice, and (spiritual) wellbeing.
Monday: Walking Together in Faith
Tuesday: Walking Together in Love
(In our school community, themes of inclusion)
Wednesday: Walking Together to Celebrate – Grandparents’ Day
(Celebrating those who help us on the journey of faith, themes of inclusion of the elderly in society – Pope Francis’ Message for the World Day for Grandparents and the Elderly 2022)
Thursday: Walking Together to Transform our World
(Themes of environment – Laudato Si’ – and Mission)
Friday: Walking Together in Hope
There will be a November ‘turning to’ remembrance moment.
Catholic Schools Week – November: Trusting God, Trusting Life, Trusting One Another – Post-Primary Resource
Links to resources below.
More details and other events will be posted shortly as information comes to us.