This year’s Day for Life will be celebrated in Ireland on Sunday 3 October. In the context of the recent proposal to introduce assisted suicide, both in Ireland and the UK, this year’s Day for Life message invites Catholics to consider a more positive and compassionate response to the care of people who are in the final stages of life.
Resources in support of the theme attached as follows:
- The text of this year’s message in plain text
- The text of the pastoral message in PDF format for printing
- A set of prayers of intercession
- Two web and social media images we are using to promote this year’s day and theme
- Three visuals of pull quotes from the pastoral message
- Parish newsletter notices